I'm not off to a great start with this blogging business. I will try to be more regular.
I have some reading to do, so I'll keep this one short.
Of course moving to a new place, full of new people, in a new phase of life means things will happen that I didn't expect. Here are a few:
6) Hurricane Ike doesn't always feel like only causing damage along the coast. He sometimes also sends 80 m.p.h. gusts to Louisville, knocking down a bunch of trees, cutting the electricity, and giving Josh a week off of school.
5) Even with a week off of school, Josh will not catch up with his school work.
4) For a southerner, an important factor in whether or not a restaurant is good is the quality of the sweet tea.
3) When a speaker has done a particularly good job with his sermon, this is verbalized with a "Man, that preacher sure did shuck the corn. Slap down to the cob." If he was really good, he "dang near cleared a space and pitched a fit."
2) Opting for the non air-conditioned dorm because it was $60 cheaper for the semester is a great example of poor decision-making.
1) Twins games aren't on tv. Or the radio. And no one cares. At all.